Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One unschooled person's eval of high school

A young man who had been unschooled his entire life decided to try high school his freshman year. He wrote about it.

http://fivefreebirds.blogspot.com/2008/07/unschool-v-school.html

It's interesting. A couple of my favorite quotes:

"I also understood why public school kids act like they do. It's called loss of motivation."

"I quickly realized that if I had to endure that shit for 9 years, I probably wouldn't be the person I am today. Friends have told me "you would have been a complete honors student!". [He had a 3.8 GPA.] I say no, I would've have been a lazy ass bum that wanted nothing more than a couch in life. (Which, I might add I learned a lot from TV. But you get my point. ;P) The thing that made me responsible, smart, and motivated was my unschooling life. And as stupid, annoying, unmotivated, whatever most of the public school kids are, you really can't blame them."

No comments:

Post a Comment